Monday, January 23, 2017

Island Batik Ambassador Season for Giving

Hi.  This post is a little late, but things have been nuts, as usual, 




Displaying Tis' the Season for Giving.jpg

It's interesting to me to notice that my life is nuts, and that's usual.  It's fine.  Life's a rollercoaster, and I do enjoy a good wooden coaster ride.  

Anyway, Island Batik asked the Ambassadors to make something to donate for December.  And my Quiltsy Team (sellers team on Etsy) asked for quilts to be donated to the survivors of the Tennessee wildfires.  Lily from The Batty Quilter generously offered to quilt 4 tops to send, and I decided to take her up on her offer.  I picked the Lavish strip bundle that was in an Ambassador box, and decided to use the Jelly Roll Race pattern to make a quick top.  I had hoped to get the top done in December, but that's my life right now.  Other things bumped this down on the list.  

Have you seen Lavish?  This strip bundle had beautiful greens and blues.  The prints are unique and the colors are just wonderful.  So, I just sewed the strips end to end, in the order they came out of the package, and then proceeded to make the top. 






To finish this off, I added a 2 1/2 wide border from the Basics collection in Navy.  I was contemplating adding a second border, but didn't have enough in Lavish, and although I have another piece from a new group, which matched the colors, I didn't think it added to the design of the top.  As a frame, it would have been too busy.  So, it's now a top, and on the way to Maine so Lily can have some fun with it.  She'll send it to Jennifer At The Bright Spot, who lives in Tennessee, not far from the fires.  Jennifer plans to deliver over 40 quilts, all donated by Quiltsy Team members, to the victims of the fires.  

I love being an Island Batik Ambassador, and just found out that I'm also a member of the 2017 class.  I'm honored to be picked again, for the 4th time.  They are generous in their boxes, and the monthly challenges have been fun.  I was so glad that this challenge coordinated with the need for quilts for Tennessee, and that I knew Jennifer would get these to people who need them.  It was also wonderful to know that Lily would quilt it for me.  Everything worked to make this a perfect project for #TistheSeasonIB.  

Quick reminder, the #NewBeginningsIB hop is still going on.  Please check my older post for info about the give-away and the schedule.  I hope you've entered to win!   

Thanks for visiting.  
Maryellen


1 comment:

Sally said...

Nice article ME...Love your quilt for the TN cause!